AIR CONDITIONING INSPECTION REPORTS
NOTES FOR OWNERS OR TENANTS OF PROPERTY WITH AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
AIR CONDITIONING INSPECTIONS – ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
(1) Air conditioning inspections are already mandatory for systems that are greater than 250kW rated cooling load and were installed before the 1st January 2008.
(2) For systems greater than 250kW installed from 1st January 2008 inspections are required within 5 years after date of installation.
(3) Air conditioning systems greater than 12kW rated cooling load and installed prior to 1st January 2008 require an inspection to have been carried out NO LATER than 4th January 2011.
(4) For systems greater than 12kW installed from 1st January 2008 inspections are required within 5 years after date of installation.
PLEASE REFER TO FLOWCHART BELOW TO DETERMINE WHETHER AN AIR CONDITIONING INSPECTION REPORT IS REQUIRED
OWNER OR TENANT?
If you own or occupy a property in which you have responsibility for an existing air conditioning system are you checking that you have had an air conditioning inspection report carried out?
If yes, remember to keep this safely with the rest of you building log books or records.
If you subsequently sell or leave the premises you will need to hand over the air conditioning report to the next purchaser tenant or their legal advisers?
If an air conditioning report is not available, the next incoming owner may well become responsible for commissioning the air conditioning inspection report themselves.
Where a person (organisation) has taken over a building containing a relevant air conditioning system AND an air condition report is not available, it is a requirement that the person (organisation) taking over the air conditioning system is to commission an inspection report within 3 months of taking over.
It is therefore worth considering whether the you should commission the air conditioning inspection report to avoid any unnecessary delays in the sale or lease expiry due delays in obtaining a report prior to completion of the sale or lease termination negotiations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF OWNERS AND TENANTS TO OBTAIN REPORTS
If you are the owner and retain technical control and operation of the air conditioning system you are responsible for obtaining the air conditioning inspection report.
If as a tenant you have installed the air conditioning systems locally then as the tenant you are responsible for obtaining the air conditioning inspection report.
If as a tenant you take full responsibility for the building and its services (e.g. full repairing and insuring lease) then as the tenant you are responsible for obtaining the air conditioning inspection report.
If the operation and management of an air conditioning system is outsourced to a Facilities Management or servicing company the contract may specify that they will be responsible to obtain the air conditioning inspection reports. In this case the tenant or owner has a parallel duty to ensure the inspections are carried out.
It may be worth considering making it a requirement that copies of the report are lodged with the owner to confirm compliance.
If the landlord has control of the technical functioning of the air conditioning system, then the landlord is responsible
HOW CAN WE HELP?
(1) Still not sure you need an air conditioning inspection report? – We can make a site visit and provide an appraisal of whether an air conditioning report is required. (We would need to make charge for this)
(2) Need an air conditioning inspection report? – We can carry out the air conditioning inspection and produce the report with our team of accredited assessors.
Prices start from £300.00 plus VAT for a single split system based on the understanding that the client can provide the technical/manufacturers operating procedures, floor plans and asset register prior to survey.
Larger systems prices on request
(3) Client does not have technical information/manufacturing procedures, floor plans and asset register information available? – We can prepare the building manual information as part of the inspection
Costs vary but prices start from £300.00 Plus VAT.
All prices are subject to final confirmation.
Please Call us for further details & prices.